Sunday, May 11, 2008

UPDATE: 5/11, am

There is not a lot of news. My family and I were out from 6:00 to 8:00 a.m. this morning ... We saw Trish and Rebecca and we all walked at different times throughout the park area, up and down the creek. We also drove throughout the area. We also drove around where Daphne and I left fliers yesterday off of Riggs and Elson.... Unless Rebecca saw something, we (Trish included) did not see any signs of Sophie. Trish started around 5:00 a.m. I did leave out food yesterday by the bridge. It was totally gone this morning. I left our more today and scattered it around more. I also saw that there was still food remaining at the feeding post closest to Langley ...

We did have a momentary burst of excitement. As I was checking the feeding post closest to Langley on our way home, I heard a hound barking in the creek area. I ran down to the water and couldn't see the hound but I could tell it was on the creek, down closer to East West highway. We drove around on the other side of the creek and I ran along the embankment that is by the school. The hound was going crazy barking ... I thought if it were Sophie, she might be trapped in some way. Or, I thought it might be the pet detective ... I finally found the dog and it was with this guy dressed in camouflage that had what looked like a bigger beagle. He was giving her commands and she was locked on some kind of scent. I hesitated to talk to him in the event it was the detective. But, he got closer to the fence and I just quietly called out to him. I asked if he was looking for Sophie and he said "no." He indicated that he saw the signs for her but he was not looking for her? I have no idea what he was doing because he was going through some significant brush ... perhaps training his dog? I just asked if he did have any sightings of Sophie to call the number on the flier ...

If there are anymore organized efforts, just post them to the blog ... Thanks, Shawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were out from about 6:30-9:00 this morning and did not see Sophie. We walked along the creek on both sides of East-West Hwy and Riggs Rd and drove through the surrounding neighborhoods. We also heard the hound barking and got a bit hopeful then met the guy with the beagle.

Great job with all the fliers!

DL said...

Thanks so much, Rebbecca! Do you think we now have enough fliers up?

DL